Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

TTT: Fighting the Thrift Whooze

Definition of Thrift Whooze:
A feeling one may experience while thrifting when the room begins to spin because there is just so much stuff.


Now Thirft Whooze is tricky because it has a tendency to sneak up on you.  Typically it goes something like this:

You're walking through the parking lot, thinking you're hot stuff - you're gonna go in there and getcha some wicked awesome deals because, gosh darnit, you deserve it!
You take one step through the doors, a quick look around and BAM!
Workers are calling for clean up on aisle 3 and other shoppers can be found circled around you taking pictures to later post on Pinterest with the caption "Thrifting: Nailed it!" underneath.



Dr. Amy's 3-Step RX for Staving Off Thirft Whooze:
 (p.s. not actually a doctor.)

Step 1:
  • Make sure you've eaten in the past 3-ish or so hours.
Not that that's ever been an issue for me or anything...
But just so we're clear, passing out is not cute.


Step 2:
  • Take an inventory of your closet before you go. 
I can't tell you how many times I've caught Mr. Wonderful headed to try on a shirt he already has at home.

I won't lie though, I do like watching his cute-self walk over to the dressing room.  If I can catch his eye, he'll usually wink at me.  :)

::sigh::
He's dreamy...

Uh-hem.
As I was saying...


Step 3:
  • Make a list of needs and then wants before you go.

There's something magical about lists.  They make "Maybe I'll try to get to this" plans so much more concrete because they're always sitting there, staring back at you, judging you...
That is, until you're able to check an item off, and then it's like "Sweet!  I accomplished something!"

Note, I purposely wrote "needs and then wants" on this step - not a typo or coincidence.  Always shop needs before wants.  It'll make you and your budget happy. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha think? I LOVE hearing from ya!